Target predators: possums
We suggest you watch the video below as it gives a step-by-step tutorial on setting up your A12 trap. You can also read the A12 Quick Success Guide here.
Top safety tips
- We recommend watching the above video for instructions on safely installing your trap.
- Make sure you always wear gloves when handling your trap or catches.
- The lure is toxin-free, so there is no risk of secondary poisoning to native species or predators.
- Don’t shift a live trap. You must de-gas and then de-pressurise the trap before shifting. See the Success Guides for more details.
- 1 x Long Life Possum Lure Bottle and Bite Block
- 1 x 250g Possum Pouch
Where should I put my trap?
- The right trapping tree has a straight trunk, which is clear of branches below the trap (plus no shrubs at the base); its diameter should be between 15–30 cm (dinner plate size). Set the trap so that its base is 70 cm above the ground.
- If you’re not getting results, try a different spot.
When should I check my trap?
The lure needs to be refreshed in the trap monthly to keep the trap attractive to possums.
How do I dispose of the catch?
Possums can be buried in the garden or bagged and placed in household rubbish. Make sure you always wear gloves when handling your catches.
Buy one now and get trapping!
Buy one from our online store here and get it delivered to your door.