We have pulled together a collection of videos to share with your class about NZ’s wildlife, including a video on why we need to make NZ predator free and real video footage showing introduced predators’ impact on our native species.
ON THIS PAGE
Predator control in New Zealand
- Why New Zealand needs predator control — a video on why it is necessary and how you can be part of the Predator Free 2050 vision.
- Can we achieve a predator free New Zealand? If you look at New Zealand’s history, it becomes very obvious how good we are at eradicating introduced predators from off-shore islands. Who’s to say we can’t get rid of predators from Stewart Island by 2020? Or even better – a Predator Free New Zealand by 2050!
Videos about the kiwi
- Kiwi Kids on saving the kiwi
- Kiwi fights off possum
- You will be shocked to see who our native icon, the kiwi, has as a neighbour — watch the video below:
Investigating issues and taking action
- Kids from Dawson Primary design a weta house.
- Follow young robin on an exciting journey through the forest to find a protected area. This video has been created by Squawk Squad and there is a te reo Māori version too.
- Bat hunt with Ben Paris (aka NZ Bat Man).
- Watch the Fat Cat & Fish Face Nightclub for a witty and educational music video identifying NZ natives.
- Where do birds feed? A short video by Landcare Research Ltd showing where different native birds like to feed.
- Is it a good idea to feed birds bread? A short video by Landcare Research Ltd.