We’ve written a range of resources to assist with setting up and running a community conservation group.
Governance and strategy
Information on how to successfully run a community conservation group, including some of the strategies, systems and processes that enable a group to be successful and achieve their goals.
- Strategic planning and risk management
- Financial management
- Legal FAQs.
Guidance on how to best manage a group to ensure it’s successful for the long term.
- How to find (and keep) volunteers
- Health and safety
- Communication tips for community groups
- Tips for writing grant applications.
Some practical, ‘how to’ advice for community conservation groups.
- Trapping best practice for rats, stoats, ferrets and possums.
- Bait stations — an introduction to bait stations (a summary of baits used in New Zealand, and some safety tips). Also guidance on which bait stations to use for possums and rats.
- Baits versus traps and their relative merits
- How to use GPS and data collection tools
- How to monitor birds, bats and lizards.